Message from the Partners
At Pelham Medical our patient population covers a demographic including; older people, younger adults and children; those with long term conditions; those with mental health and vulnerable service users. Our services are delivered to meet the needs of our patient populations, underpinned by good clinical practice.
We collaborate with other local practices and providers through our Primary Care Network to enhance patient care and work closely with our commissioners to ensure the services we offer are of the highest possible standard. The range of services we offer include Substance Misuse, a community based Microsuction service, and a Care Home Support.
Importantly, we also believe strongly in supporting our staff to continually develop their skills and competences so that in turn our staff support the delivery of high quality care.
About the Practice
The practice was originally founded in the 1920's by Dr Archie Harris, when the surgery was then to be found at 20a Dudley Street, a semi-detached dwelling, with Dr Harris living next door. Through the decades the practice has grown from a single handed GP practice to a two site practice with over 11,000 patients at present. In July 2012 we were successful in tendering for the Humber View Surgery, based at Stirling Medical Centre. Both practices are housed in purpose built health centres.
- In 2019 we were rated by the CQC as Good for the delivery of service at our Church View site.
- In 2016 we were rated by the CQC as Good for the delivery of service at our Humberview site.
- In February 2012 we were awarded runner up in the Care Trust Plus special achievement awards evening.
- We have been accredited with Investors in People since 2009, and have been re-accredited every three years since.
- In 2010 our Health Informatics Manager was second runner up in the national Primary Care awards for innovations in IT.
- In October 2009 we were awarded the prestigious Quality in Practice Award from the RCGP.
- In both 2008 and 2009 we were named as North East Lincolnshire's Health Practice of Year, following patient nominations to the Local Grimsby Telegraph.
Practice Mission Statement
To deliver equitable, patient driven, high quality and caring primary health care services. We are reactive to change and capable of innovation, creativity, and offer truly reflective patient services which benchmark the Practice as local leaders in the healthcare field.
- DOING WHAT'S RIGHT: Placing emphasis on providing the level of care to patients that you would expect for yourself or your family, even when this may be challenging. Having accountability for mistakes and taking steps to learn from them.
- TRADITIONALLY INNOVATIVE: Maintaining the traditional values of providing continuous, patient focussed care, whilst embracing change to develop services that lead the field in good care.
- INCLUSIVITY & COLLABORATION: Each patient has the right to the same care regardless of background. Collaborating across teams and organisations. Working together in the best interest of the patient and delivery of a high quality cost effective service.
- QUALITY ORIENTATION: Acknowledging the things we do really well and encouraging commitment to continuous quality improvement. Showing initiative and taking positive action. Displaying a commitment to progression and development, both individual and organisational.