Contact Us : 01472 353303
Pelham Medical Group is an established GP practice, and has been provided general practice healthcare within the Grimsby area since the 1920’s.
Today we are very lucky to have two medical practices within the Grimsby area, Pelham Medical Group based at Churchview Health Centre and Humberview Surgery based within Stirling Medical Centre.
Pelham Medical Group was originally founded in the 1920’s by Dr Archie Harris. Through the decades the practice has grown from a single handed GP Practice to the 3 partner practice it is today. We have remained true to our roots and continue to practice from our town centre location and are proud to now be providing health care to third and fourth generations of local families.
In 2004 we were extremely fortunate to be one of the first practices locally to be involved in the development of a purpose built health centre, and were thrilled to move into Churchview Health Centre.
In 2012 we tendered for and were pleased to be awarded the contract for the provision of primary health care for Humberview Surgery based within Stirling Street Medical Centre.
Practice Mission Statement
We aim to deliver equitable, patient driven, high quality and caring primary health care services without prejudice to the patients of our practice. Reactive to change and capable of innovation, creativity, we offer truly reflective patient services which benchmark the practice as local leaders in the healthcare field without losing sight of traditional primary care virtues
We will achieve the delivery of a truly equitable health care service by:
• Putting our patients at the heart of all practice developments and services
• Consult our patients on the needs and demands of the practice and invite patient discussion and feedback.
• Treat everyone as an individual.
• All decisions in respect of patient management and provision of services will be based upon clinical need.
• Ensure that all clinical and non-clinical members of the team commit to undertake continuous professional development to ensure that their knowledge skills and ability remain up-to-date and meet the demands of their role.
• Robust record keeping and acceptance of technologies to assist with continuity of care and advanced medical record keeping.
• Undertake regular audit and appraisal of all clinical and non-clinical practises.
• Be leaders not followers in addressing the health inequalities of our local community
Our Commitment to our values
We provide healthcare from two prominent health centres within Grimsby. We offer our patients flexibility to choose which health centre they wish to visit, based on convenience to them. This flexibility of choice reflects our values which we really do keep at the heart of our practice service delivery and developments.
We are also delighted to have a patient group, now known as “Patients Helping Patients”, our patient group work with the practice to provide valuable patient focus, opinion, objectivity and support to practice decisions, service implementation and budget matters.