About our practice
- 2018 We have been sucessful in recruitment for further salaried GPs despite a national shortage of GPs and welcomed Dr Twomey and Dr Anderson to the practice.
- 2017 we successfully retained our contract to provide our services at Humberview Surgery and were reaccredited 'Investors in People' award again
- 2016 We successfully achieved a "Good" rating for our CQC inspection at Humberview Surgery, and successfully recruited a further GP at the Practice (Dr Turnham)
- 2015 we had a change in the practice management team and gained a new Practice Manager and a new Assistant Practice Manager.
- 2014 we were reaccredited 'Investors in People' award and became a "Breast Feeding Friendly" Practice.
- 2012 successfully won the contract to provide general medical services at Humberview Surgery.
- 2011 we were awarded the ‘Gold Standard’ Investors in People award
- 2010 we were awarded the prestigious ‘Quality in Practice Award’
- 2008 and 2009 we were very proud to have been named as North East Lincolnshire’s Health Practice of Year, following patient nominations to the Grimsby Telegraph
- 2007 we formally established the Pelham Medical Patient Panel
- 2005 we achieved the Investors in People status, which was successfully re-accredited in 2008
Quality and performance management
The quality of our healthcare provision is monitored annually by the Quality and Outcomes Framework (QoF). We have taken part in QoF monitoring since 2004, and are very proud of our excellent results; the last eight years results are as follows:
- 2019/20 - Church View: 98.4%, Humberview: 98.7%
- 2018/19 - Church View: 98.7%, Humberview: 98.8%
- 2017/18 - Church View: 98.6%, Humberview: 98.2%
- 2016/17 - Church View: 98.6%, Humberview: 98.8%
- 2015/16 - Church View: 98.8%, Humberview: 98.5%
- 2014/15 - Church View: 99.0%, Humberview: 99.1%
- 2013/14 - Church View: 98%, Humberview: 98%
- 2012/13 - Church View: 98.1%, Humberview: 98.2%
Hull York Medical School (HYMS)
Since 2006 this Practice has been proud to be associated with the Hull York Medical School (HYMS) providing teaching to undergraduate medical students who are aspiring to become the doctors of tomorrow. The medical students learn consultation, hands on clinical and technical skills. The placements are designed to give students the opportunity to observe experienced GPs consulting with patients, look at how patients are managed in primary care, and spend time talking to patients about their illness. The main clinical area that they will be learning about during their time with us is child health.
Medical students therefore, may be present during consultations and clinics. If you have any concern about this, please raise this with a member of staff before your consultation.